This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Childcare Office Administrator at the Decatur Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also serving as a liaison between the staff and the executive staff on all financial and business transactions. The Childcare Office Administrator also ensures the childcare facility follows all business procedures.
We are looking for a candidate that is detail-oriented, organized, a self-starter, cause-driven, energetic, and a dependable team player to fill the position of Full Time Childcare Office Administrator. The role will be responsible for a variety of tasks involving the processing of childcare program registrations, billing, and payments. Duties include but are not limited to program set-up in our front-end operating system (DAXKO), processing program registrations and payments, processing and distributing various reports, resolving outstanding payment balances, and managing daily reconciliation.
This position is very specific to the billing of childcare. Candidates with specific experience related to childcare billing and state funding related to childcare are encouraged to apply.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture, to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming:
we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine:
we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful:
we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing:
we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined:
above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
• Set-up program registration in our front-end operating system (DAXKO), including registrant information, scheduling, and payment information.
• Create and distribute childcare office reports to staff as requested and provide weekly financial updates.
• Reconcile daily cash transactions.
• Submit and Reconcile Child Care Resource Service (CCRS) payments with the State of Illinois
• Ensure food service records are up to date and that monthly reports are submitted for reimbursement.
• Maintain updated records in our operating system pertaining to program participants.
• Manage all third-party pay activity, including resolution of declined/NSF payments.
• Maintain regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility to direct supervisor and across team lines.
• Maintain an ability to work across team lines and assist other teams as necessary.
For more information on this position, and to apply, click here!