There is currently one full-time position available in the Circulation Division of the Decatur Public Library. Persons passing all sections of the selection process will be placed on a Civil Service eligible register which will be used for a period of two years or until exhausted. Selection of candidates will be made in accordance with the Civil Service Rules.
Do you thrive when working on a mission-driven team?
Are you inspired by the possibilities that a public library can create?
Are you ready to problem solve and think collaboratively?
If so, you will succeed at Decatur Public Library. Decatur Public Library is looking for talented, engaged, and dedicated professionals who bring diverse identities and lived experiences to join our team.
At Decatur Public Library, passionate, collaborative, and results-oriented people drive our culture. We employ creative and resourceful people who embrace a mindset and demonstrate behaviors that are consistently aligned with our inclusive values:
● Customer Service – We welcome people and treat them with friendliness and respect.
● Access and Inclusion – We work to ensure equal access for all. We build, foster, and maintain a climate that is inclusive.
● Community Connections – We provide resources and services to meet community needs. We are a vital and indispensable part of our community.
● Intellectual Freedom – We provide information representing all points of view. We recognize each individual’s right to access information. We respect the privacy of library users.
● Creativity and Innovation – We support creativity in the workplace and we innovate together to better serve the community. We use technology to increase access to information and to work more efficiently.
Our library profession and organizational values inform every aspect of our work. We are deeply committed to creating a more equitable and inclusive world. We stand firmly committed against bias and oppression. We hold ourselves accountable for taking actions that reflect our values. With these values firmly in place, we invite potential team members who share our commitments and who reflect a diverse array of lived perspectives and experiences to apply to our open positions.
For more information, and to apply, click here!