Responsible for the maintenance of facilities, equipment and the diagnosis of problems. Repair and replace broken equipment at the airport. Assist in other projects as assigned as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Have knowledge with gas and diesel engines.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation and repair.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- Assist the Airport Field Maintenance Supervisor in operational maintenance of the airport.
- Schedule repairs and service of equipment
- Complete State of Illinois Under Ground Tank Storage training and remain current
- Complete State of Illinois applicators pesticide license and remain current.
- Maintain records on equipment
- Establish and facilitate a preventative maintenance program on equipment
- Give recommendations on the purchasing of equipment, tools, and vehicles
- Maintain records on fuel dispensing and Maintain inventory of parts and supplies
- Operate airport equipment when needed
- Attend external trainings as needed.
- Assist with airport maintenance when required
- Work with and assist in trouble shooting problems, performing electrical, heating, plumbing, and air conditioning maintenance on all airport buildings.
- Work with and assist in trouble shooting problems, performing electrical maintenance on airfield lighting including the electrical vault.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
For more information on this position, and to apply, click here!