What You'll Do
The Accounting Specialist | Accounts Payable will work with the Financial Services Manager and FirsTech, a subsidiary of First Busey Corporation, accounting team to manage the accounts payable functions for all of FirsTech.
- Review and process vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements per established departmental policies and procedures via applicable software programs.
- Review and assign the general ledger account and allocation breakouts to invoices and expense reports
- Maintain and update vendor records, including W-9 forms and processing 1099-Nec forms.
- Record, Review and maintain reports on select accounts payable transactions
- Prepare and file monthly Sales Tax Returns
- Reconcile or review General Ledger or bank accounts (both daily and monthly)
- Prepare and enter all accounts receivable transactions
- Enter daily and monthly general ledger and billing entries into the accounting software
- Expected to cross-train and provide back-up for various other accounting duties
- Perform other accounting related responsibilities as needed
- Good working knowledge of accounting principles and good analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Education and Training
- Complete all duties, including data entry, with a high degree of accuracy
- Work independently and perform duties under frequent time pressures and deadlines
- Be proficient on 10 key calculator
- Requires a an Associate’s Degree in Accounting, bachelor’s strongly preferred.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis on Excel, database experience preferred.
To learn more, or to apply, click here