This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direction for the children in the classroom and supports the Head Child Care Teacher.
1. Display aptitude for working with children age 2-5 years old in a day care setting.
2. Responsible for assisting in the care and well-being, nurturing, and positive disciplining of the children in the program.
3. Responsible for assisting the Head Child Care Teacher. This includes, but is not limited to: following through with lesson plans (games, crafts, and activities), maintaining records (such as attendance, time sheets), supplying classroom, maintaining a professional relationship with parents, and maintaining communications with the Child Care Office personnel.
4. Requires active interaction with children including running, jumping, kneeling, exercising, laughing, and sitting on the floor.
5. Staff are required to complete evaluations on the children in the program at least once per school year and more often as necessary.
6. Staff should complete other jobs as assigned by their supervisor.
For more information on this position, and to apply, click here!