Mueller Company, the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, is looking for a CNC Programmer (Application Engineer) to join our team. The Decatur Operations established in 1857, manufacturers rugged and dependable devices used in industrial/commercial applications. Its products include brass water and steel gas valves, Water/Gas Line tapping machines, Line Stopper Fittings, tools, and controllers.
The CNC Programmer (Application Engineer) will be responsible for developing and implementing machining processes throughout the different areas of the plant. Work will include, but is not limited to, writing new CNC programs, developing necessary process documentation, producing parts at the machine to facilitate Quality First Article approvals, training operators, and documenting completion timelines. This is an active, hand-on position that is a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team that drives to accomplish commitments and is dedicate to improving the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Experience and/or Education:
- Primary Responsibility – Machining process prove-outs per programming lists associated with various projects throughout the facility.
- Responsible for updating appropriate process documentation to ensure setups, programs, and tooling information is accurate and available for Operations.
- Active, hands-on participant in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of operations issues as assigned.
- Actively train Operations on new and existing machining processes.
- Committed to delivering exceptional results.
- Constructively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization to facilitate action and drive improvements.
- Work constructively, efficiently, and effectively with all peer groups and other teams throughout the organization
- Associate Degree in an Engineering-related discipline is required.
- Equivalent, relevant experience will be considered.
- 1-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment involving high speed machining and automation is highly preferred.
- 2 plus years’ experience related to the application of CNC programming, cutting tools, and part work holding.
- 2 plus years’ experience programming “by hand” various brands of lathes
- Experience with Okuma equipment is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Experience with CAM software highly preferred
For more information on this position, and to apply, click here!