The Manufacturing Engineer has the primary responsibility of developing, defining, and implementing new technology and improvements to manufacturing processes. The position will be responsible for reducing manufacturing costs, implementing new products into manufacturing, and proactively leading activities to drive improvements in manufacturing. An active, hands-on, high-energy approach will be necessary to be successful. This role is also the primary contributor for developing future strategic manufacturing initiatives aimed to facilitate growth in the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for improving existing machining processes to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Active, hands-on leader in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of operational issues especially as related to group KPI’s.
- Implementing new technology as part of capital projects and ensuring those projects are completed on-time, within budget, and meet the intent of the project plans.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; as well as conferring with vendors and soliciting observations from plant operators.
- Work within the operational team supporting day to day problems and improvements.
- Key contributor and team member of New Product Development (NPD) activities; leading the manufacturing planning and execution of capital equipment, tooling, and processes.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency through analyzing and planning workflows, space requirements, and equipment layouts.
- Provide directional recommendations by evaluating production costs, reviewing scheduling practices, and estimating future requirements.
- Support departmental equipment by coordinating with maintenance / repair services as necessary, establishing preventative maintenance plans, and identifying critical spare parts.
- Direct efforts to meet and/or exceed compliance with all regulatory bodies, organizations and government requirements in the performance of position duties.
- Keep Safety and Quality as top priorities in all endeavors
For more information on this position, and to apply, click here!