Under general supervision, provides basic lawn care and ground maintenance for the Medical Center System. Assists with procedures, instructions and completing individual assignments. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Quality, Integrity and Stewardship that support our mission, vision and values.
- Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Quality, Integrity and Stewardship that support our mission, vision and values:
- SAFETY: Prevent Harm - I will put safety first in everything I do. I will speak up, without fear, on matters of patient and colleague safety. I will take action to create an environment of zero harm.
- QUALITY: Improve Outcomes - I will continually advance my knowledge and skills. I will seek out continuous improvement opportunities. I will deliver evidence-based care that leads to excellence in outcomes.
- INTEGRITY: Show respect and Compassion - I will respect others and show compassion. I will behave honesty and ethically. I will be accountable for my attitude, actions and health.
- STEWARDSHIP: Reduce Waste - I will use resources wisely and maintain financial stability. I will work together to coordinate care and services across the health system. I will promote healthier communities.
- Provide care of grounds which includes: mowing, raking leaves, watering, fertilizing, edging, planting of grass and flowers, trimming, de-thatching lawn, painting as required and parking lot stripping.
- Maintain external appearance of the Medical Center by cleaning driveways, entrances and disposing of trash.
- Remove snow by snow plow, shovel, squeegee, snow blower or other approved methods.
- Transport materials/equipment by hand, dolly or truck to work site.
- Interact with hospital personnel and patients/visitors in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Perform pre start-up inspection of power equipment and minor repairs of grounds equipment and tools.
- Maintain appropriate dress and appearance, projecting a positive image of the Medical Center.
- Consistently follows all safety procedures/policies in completing work assignments.
- Execute job function in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
For more information on this position, and to apply, click here!