This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Under the supervision of the Operations Director, the Maintenance/ Custodial Supervisor will be responsible for the overall cleanliness of the facility and the completion of planned cleaning projects as well as light corrective and preventive maintenance. The Maintenance/ Custodial Supervisor position is expected to respond to member concerns in a professional and courteous manner and assist the Operations Director in the further development of the facilities management department procedures.
1. Ensure the upkeep of high-quality facilities and equipment through the completion of regular housekeeping tasks and projects throughout the YMCA facility. Including general cleaning of spaces, floor refinishing, landscaping, snow removal based on department needs and corrective and planned maintenance tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures.
2. Regularly tests, maintains, and logs chemistry of the pool water. As well as making sure that the pool system, natatorium, and locker room facilities are maintained to IDPH standards.
3. Communicate the status of repairs of any broken or damaged equipment with staff through staff memos and work management system. Ensures that equipment work orders and logs are clear and accurately maintained in our work management system.
4. Regularly communicates with the Operations Director regarding the need to order parts and cleaning and/or maintenance supplies.
5. Ensures the safety of maintenance tools and equipment through regular inspections and safe handling.
6. Assists the Operations Director in developing task lists based on facility needs.
7. Assists the Operations Director in training new staff members on cleaning methods, equipment, and procedures.
8. Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
9. Maintain a positive working relationship with all YMCA vendors.
10. Communicates and supports all departments by coordinating with directors and staff to schedule work around programming and limit unplanned closures.
11. Support community partners efforts by assisting with event and program setup and support both at the Y facility and outside of the facility. 12. Ensuring all doors are locked and secured prior to leaving.
13. Under the directive of the Operations Director, assist in developing planned maintenance schedules and departmental procedures.
14. Works independently to ensure a safe environment for staff and members by making sure security and emergency procedures are implemented properly.
15. Demonstrates and upholds the YMCA’s core values and guiding principles of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility at all times.
16. Intentionally and continuously strives to promote a culture that values and strengthens diversity and inclusion.
17. All other duties as assigned based on departmental needs.
For more information on this position, and to apply, click here!