To ensure safe and efficient operation of all equipment; perform scheduled preventative maintenance as planned; perform production equipment changeovers; troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical problems when needed; maintain proper records for maintenance, inventory of parts, and emergency repairs; promote good housekeeping habits related to maintenance; coordinate equipment training as needed; and communicate ideas and other problems to the management staff.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow all employer safety and health regulations as required by company policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all plant equipment to meet or exceed company established safety culture.
- Follow Lock out/Block Out/ Tag out policy.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
- Proactive in addressing unsafe conditions and confronting unsafe behaviors in the facility.
- Participate and/or conduct safety training as scheduled.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all equipment to meet or exceed company established Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) expectations and customer quality expectations.
- Proactive in addressing inefficiencies of production equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical and process problems with equipment as needed or directed by Maintenance Manager.
- Use power tool equipment in a safe manner to avoid injury or harm to self or other employees.
- Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance tasks as outlined by Maintenance Manager.
- Evaluate production report comments prior to performing maintenance to ensure all causes for production inefficiencies are addressed and corrected.
- Continually evaluate equipment for improvement areas. Tag components or parts that need repair, replacement or improvement.
- Perform scheduled production equipment mold changeovers as outlined by Maintenance Manager or Production Manager.
- Perform building maintenance as directed by Maintenance Manager.
For more information on this position, and to apply, click here!