- Lead the development of texture solutions in multiple market segments to support texture solutions business
- Create/Develop ready to market concepts (total solutions), building blocks (binding systems, textures, emulsions, flavors, colors), and scalable process (mass production).
- Provide technical leadership to support early stage products and new technology evaluation regarding texture solutions
- Lead formulation and prototype development in variety of food and beverage applications using plant-based protein, hydrocolloid, starch, fiber, and other ingredients.
- Develop advanced research methodologies and experimental characterization techniques to evaluate functionality of new and existing food ingredients, and to predict/understand applications performance in an end food product.
- Understand/predict a molecular level interaction of food ingredients in complex food/ beverage systems based on simple, science-based principles.
- Provide customers with training in the use of ADM texture solution blends in food and beverage systems through presentations and bench/pilot experimentation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional research and legal teams to develop intellectual property.
- Ensure safe working practice in research labs, pilot plants, and manufacturing facilities to meet or exceed safety goals.
Key Competencies Desired:
- Ph.D. in Food Science or related field of study with more than 5 years of experience preferred working in food and beverage lab.
- In-depth understanding of structure-functional relationship of food ingredients Experience in food applications in utilizing hydrocolloids, proteins, and starch etc.
- Ability to identify, study, and recognize ingredient interactions on a molecular level to direct the optimization of taste, texture and nutrition.
- Creativity to solve challenging and scientifically complex problems.
- Ability to construct a robust experimental design based on statistical principles.
- Ability to perform multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
- Project management skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams within the research, plant and business units.
- Must be a team player and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- The position requires approximately 20% travel and will be based in Decatur, IL
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
For more information, and to apply, click here!