The Special Needs Swim Lesson Instructor is responsible for leading program instruction for youth with disabilities. The Special Needs Swim Instructor must actively engage participants in appropriate adapted aquatics programming. The instructor will need to adapt the YMCA swim curriculum to meet the needs of youth with disabilities and provide behavioral support for safety in and around the pool. The instructor must provide feedback to students and their parents/guardians on individual performance.
• Must be at least 18 years of age. • A minimum of one year work experience with individuals with special needs.
• Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
• Strong swimming background recommended.
• Ability to perform First Aid/CPR/AED/Emergency Oxygen (training provided).
• Available to work nights and weekends.
For more information on this position, and to apply, click here!